Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree....

In keeping with my American tradition, Mark and I set up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving.  The Brits around us probably think we are nuts because it is a bit early to put it up here but I couldn't be happier!  As soon as Mark got home on Friday we began the process of setting up our first Christmas tree.  Now he has helped me before, when I was living in the states, but this time it was OUR tree.  We had bought a new one since mine wouldn't fit in the box I shipped over here.  That was the easy part.  Agreeing on how many lights to put on the tree...a different story.  You see the Griffin's are kind of like the Griswald's (you know from the movie Christmas vacation).  If you can't see the tree from the street and have as many lights on it as your neighbors combined....well it just isn't bright enough.  The only problem with that idea here is that lights are big bucks and....most people put a strand maybe two on their trees.  So with the average being about 15 strands back home (my dad nearly doubles that) we had our first big compromise on our hands.  The tree looks good...could use a few more lights in my mind... but I did get to put it up when I wanted so I consider it a fair trade.

That really took most of the weekend.  We did the rest of the decorating on Sat. and then hung some things on the downstairs walls on Sun.  It was a really nice relaxing weekend.  This coming weekend the in-laws are coming down to stay with us.  That means the next few days I will be re-cleaning an already clean house just cause I want it to look nice for them coming.  lol I'm crazy like that.  We are planning on taking them to the big Lincoln Christmas market on Sat. which should be fun!  I hope you are all starting to get in that holiday spirit.  I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! tehe...off to do some cleaning...

 Me working on the lights...
 Somebody being a bit silly with the tree skirt...
The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment