Thursday, March 29, 2012

6 months ago today!

6 months ago today I left the states!  Can you believe it!?!  If I am honest I am still in a bit of shock.  I don't really know if shock can last that long or not but go with me here.  I am in shock.  Shock that I have moved to a different county, that I am a married woman, that I haven't done a day of work in months (well other than house work), that I still can't drive, and that I am here period.  Home is still LaGrange, IL to me...while I love our new home together it seems like it is in the wrong place.  It should be on Elm, or Peck, or Spring Ave. ya know?  I think it is totally nuts that I am living in England!  While I have done really well at adjusting to buying things in the store and understanding where you go for what...it still really hasn't settled in that I am going to be here for a while...a LONG while.  It is like college in some strange way.  You get use to it being a different kind of home away from home.  You know what I mean?  The only exception is my plane tickets home are a heck of a lot more expensive!  I do enjoy it here, please don't get me wrong.  I just can't say that it feels like home yet...my house does but once I walk out the front door it is like huh? And my head just can't put things right.  I know I have ONLY been here 6 months and it will take years before I fully comprehend what I have done.  I am positive though that I made the right choice and I guess in the long run that is what counts the most.  I am so thankful that I have my best friend beside me every step of the way.  Mark has been outstanding in letting me "dis" his country and patient when I say things like "this place is so weird, or what do you do things like they did in the 1950's?"  He is a superstar in my book...and even though you don't read my blog hunni...thank you.  I also really appreciate all the support from my good friends and family.  Care packages from Cali are like winning the lotto to me along with birthday wishes on Facebook and such.  I couldn't have asked for more from my family either.  They have been supportive of my move from the start, although I don't think Bon Bon (mom) or Pops where ever thrilled I was moving so far away.  Face time has been an amazing telephone/video feed and well...I am sure the rents will get their fill of me in a few days.  Literally...in a few days they will be here and we will see how long it takes for one of us to think...mmm...how long do I have to spend under one roof with______? Ah...yes...so off to getting things ready for my rents.  Happy 6 months in England to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment