Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!



Well I won't lie...Christmas has been a bit different this year.  As I write this I am still in my pj's and it is 5:30 at night.  I kind of like that!  Ok I am lying I LOVE it.  I am trying to realize and understand that just because something is different doesn't mean it is better or worse than what you are use to...just different.

Yesterday Mark and I cooked our first turkey.  TOTALLY gross!  I am use to seeing it as white meat on a platter in front of me...done.  This "project" was a defrosting nasty mess.  It had guts in it and everything....ewwwww!  Blood....no no Shara doesn't do that!  Thank goodness for Mark!  He was a pro washing it and stuffing it with stuffing.  I had to leave the room so that I wouldn't be sick.  Seriously I did not need to know what it looked like before it was yummy in my tummy.  We did fine with it once it was in the oven.  Craving it...well that was entertaining too.  But the end produce was a success.  Yummy turkey.

It is Tetchner tradition to have turkey sandwiches on Christmas Eve so that is what we did.  Different....I am use to Magic Wok Chinese food....oh....how I wish I could have tasted some...but new and different is good.  We opened my parents gifts and that was fun.  Today we opened each others gifts and that was fun too.  So that is about it here.  I am about to watch the 3rd Disney movie of the day....yahoo!  Mark is off playing his video games...ah....all is well.  So thankful for a peaceful day!

I hope that all of you get to experience the true peace of Christmas and the reason for this wonderful season.  God coming to earth as a precious baby to dwell among us.  Lots of love to you and yours.  Gods blessings...
Wise men still seek Him!  Merry Christmas!  And Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment