Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas is coming....

I can hardly believe Christmas is almost here!  I still feel like it should be the beginning of November...not almost the end of December!  Things are going well here over the pond.  Let me recap the last week for you.
Wednesday:  Mark came home with a case of "man flu".  Now we all know this is the worst kind of flu by far....was he really sick?  Well lets just say Bonnie would have never allowed Shara to stay home from school for this one...but I let it slide and tried to be sympathetic which can be hard for me to do even when someone is really sick.  I guess being a teacher it is always easier to just go to school sick and deal than write lesson plans and all the junk that goes with it.  Unless you are throwing up that morning...to school/work it is.  I guess that is just how I look at it.  (Doesn't help that my mom was a teacher and I was too...so there really is little sympathy.)  If you are well enough to play games and nap and then annoy your wife you are well enough to go to work.  Moving on....can you tell I am a bit bitter about this....nah?!?

Thursday:  I had another driving lesson.  Things are going really well.  I won't say I am ready to take my driving test yet but it is getting there.  I have my theory test on Jan. 7 so I need to study for that.  It is like the rules of the road test back in the states plus you have a hazard perception test too.  So silly that I have to redo it but whatever....

Friday: We cleaned house and just got everything organized....because Sat. Gemma and Darren were coming!

Sat:  On a mission Sat. morning to get some last minute Christmas gifts and then get back to the house in time to bake brownies and get ready for our guest to arrive.  We are half way done with our shopping when Mark looks at me with this horrified face.  "What's up" I ask?  "Do you have your keys?" "No...why?"  "**** I don't have mine...we are locked out!"  That is when I start laughing like a crazy person because I think it is comical.  My other half didn't quite see the humor that I did in this all.  I really thought he was going to have to either break glass or lift me through a window which just made me laugh harder.  Well needless to say our shopping was done...even though it really wasn't.  So back to the house we go.  Hubby thinks he is going to take the window off its hinge and then climb in.  I (the brains of the operation) think otherwise.  You see we have a cat flap on our back door...and I know that the extra keys are on a hook on the wall just inside the door.  I think...bust the cat flap open...use a stick to reach up and get the keys off the hook....pull them through the cat flap door and poof....we have the keys to open the house.  Hubby looks at me like a crazy person when I explain this all to him...but I just say try it...over...and over ...and over again.  Well once he realized his window plan was ridiculous he looks at me and says ok....give it a go.  Well guess who got us in?  Yep...me...it was a bit too easy actually so the keys are not there anymore...but we were in.  Just in enough time to make the brownies, change clothes, and then have Gemma and Daz arrive.

We had a lovely time with Gemma and Darren!  They brought their 2 dogs as well so it was a ton of fun.  It is nice to have people over...and they stayed the night here.  Sunday was a chill day...

Monday:  Mark came home early from work again...this time though it was because there is so few people in the office that they didn't need him anymore.  He literally was home by 9:45 which isn't bad considering he starts at 8 and it takes a half hour to get to work...real rough day!  Anywho...we made Christmas cookies together all day!  It was hilarious to watch the self proclaimed "Cookie Press King" making his cookies.  We seriously were like little kids....it was a blast...Christmas music playing as loud as it could...eating dough...you know...good stuff!



So that is my update...I am sure I will do one more before Christmas...but just incase...Merry Christmas!  What a wonderful time of year!  Remember the real reason we celebrate and enjoy every minute of it!  Off to eat some of our cookies...tehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment