Sunday, May 19, 2013

So yeah...April was a whirlwind and now May is almost gone too?!?

Well, the last time I wrote I was super excited to be coming home.  And when I say super excited, I mean like super duper, totally over the moon, can't wait to land, excited!  My 2 weeks home were amazing.  A bit of a reality check in that yes indeed we are having a baby and WOW how much stuff can a kid need!?!  In my time home I had 3 baby showers and a surprise get together of friends.  The only way to explain how I feel about all of that is overwhelmed and blessed beyond words.  To live for a year in a half in a different country you wonder if things are the same back home, or if you will fit right back in with things, or even if people will remember you.  Well I need not worry anymore.  Both Mark and I feel overwhelmed at peoples generosity towards us and how loved we feel even though we don't live there.  My baby shower's were amazing!  Beautiful, well done, fun, (a bit exhausting if I am honest...its not easy opening a million and one presents when you are prego) and just a wonderful time of friends gathered together.  Thank you so much to all of you for your kind words, your gifts, and just the love that you have shown to Mark and I.  I can't think of anyone else on earth who feels as loved and truly blessed as we do.

While at home I got to eat all the yummy food I could get my hands on.  Yes there was a list of restaurants we HAD to go to and they all got crossed off the list.  We added a few more when we would drive past one that I had accidentally forgotten about.  Lets just say we helped out the US economy in both the baby and food department in our two weeks home.  While I wasn't sure how we were going to manage to get everything back over the pond...we did...somehow.  Each of us had an extra suitcase on the way home and I managed to get everything 9 months and under, plus toys, books, and baby essentials in.  Suitcases each weighted 50 lbs. and my carry on was probably close to that but we did it.  I left the rest at my mom's because I will be coming back in September and figured I could bring the rest back with me then.

The rest of April just flew by.  We landed back here in the UK on Sun. the 21st and were both back to work on Monday morning.  Not the brightest idea but o well...you live and learn.  Time has literally flown by since then.  The following weekend Mark did a bike race with his buddy Daz (best man in our wedding).  The weekend after that his parents came down to visit us.  This past weekend Daz and Gemma came up so that the boys could do another 100mile bike race.  And this weekend Mark has done his completion test for his balintawak (aka stick fighting) stuff.  Busy times I tell ya!

I meanwhile grow bigger by the day.  And I seriously mean by the day.  I have had 2 appointments with my midwife since we have been home and each time I ask her if lil Pollyanna is big for how far along I am.  She just laughs and says nope...she is average.  I don't know how I can get any bigger but I have been guaranteed that I will.  I think part of it is that I am short so there is no where but out in front of me for her to go.  But seriously...I can't imagine how this bump is gonna get any bigger!  So far all is well...she is positioned a bit awkwardly...and as the midwife says...she has a mind of her own already!  Great!  Wonder who she gets that from?  Not me....lol  Hopefully she will move to were she is suppose to be soon...

The upcoming weeks are going to be filled with getting things ready for the big arrival.  I stop work on the 29th of May!  Wohoo!!!  So that should really help move the nursery progress along.  Mark's birthday is coming up on June 8 and we are having a bunch of people over for a BBQ which should be entertaining.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate...although I am not holding my breath.  So yeah.  Lots of good stuff to look forward to.  Only 7 more weeks till our little one arrives...we can't wait and yet have lots to do before she gets here.  We both hope you all are doing well.  Again thank you so much for all of your love and support on our new adventure in becoming parents.  It means so much to us.  Till the next time...adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment